|In this section of our newsletter, you will find useful facts and figures from various surveys conducted on the topic of benefits and/or compensation. If there are any specific topics, facts or figures you would like us to investigate, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.A recent survey of U.S. employers conducted by Deloitte Consulting LLP, asked them to identify their top 5 employer priorities for 2004. Their responses were as follows:
- Controlling health care benefit costs was once again ranked as the number one overall employee benefit priority with 86% of respondents calling it their top issue.
- Promoting increased consumerism via plan designs shared the second highest ranking at 32%.
- Employers also rated expanding the use of self-service technology for communications and/or administration at 32% as well.
- 27% of employers were considering adding or moving to a consumer driven health care model as priority #4.
- There was a 3-way tie at 26% for providing financial/retirement planning tools and information, providing increased investment education and finally, valuating, implementing and expanding the use of the internet/intranet applications.